Plan to join us for a very informative session on the 2023 American Diabetes Association Standards of Care presented by Diana Sanchez Nicolas, MS. Dr. Lisa Taylor will provide an insightful presentation on diabetes medication updates.
2023 ADA Standards of Care: Updates & Practical Application
Diana Sanchez MS, RDN, CDCES, LD Diabetes Educator II- New Mexico
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Outline the updates to the 2023 ADA Standards of Care
- Identify and describe diabetes-related comorbidities
- Describe the decision cycle for person-centered glycemic management in type 2 diabetes
- Delineate implementation of ADA recommendations and algorithms in clinical practice
Let’s Talk about Medications Patients see on TV, Hear about from friends…
Dr. Lisa M. Taylor, DNP, FNP-BC, C-DCES, BC-ADM Assistant Professor, University of New Mexico College of Nursing
After completion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least 2-3 medications for use with patients living with diabetes.
- Differentiate the mechanism of action between GLP1-RA and SGLT-2.
- Utilize shared resources with specific patient populations served.