The New Mexico Diabetes Advisory Council is funded in large part by the New Mexico Department of Health Diabetes Prevention & Control Program with the purpose of preventing diabetes, preventing the complications and disabilities associated with diabetes, and eliminating diabetes-related health disparities.
The organization also relies on the support and collaboration from a number of other groups who are working TOGETHER to reduce the burden of diabetes on communities in New Mexico.
Supporters and Collaborators:
- New Mexico Department Of Health Diabetes Prevention & Control Program
- American Diabetes Association
- Chronic Disease Prevention Council
- Comagine Health
- New Mexico Lions Diabetes Awareness Program
- New Mexico Primary Care Association
- New Mexico State University – Cooperative Extension Service
- San Felipe Pueblo Health & Wellness
- UNM Hospitals – Center for Diabetes & Nutrition Education
- Zia Pueblo