When: September 9, 2022
Where: Virtual Online training
Time: 8:30 log-in, 9:00 Meeting start – 11:55 am end (Click Here for Agenda)
CEUS: 2.5 applied for (CME, RD, CHES, CHW)
Join us for a training focused on weight management strategies to help every patient. National Speaker, Laura Andromalos, will focus on communication as well as the effects of weight loss medications. Dianne Christensen will build on the former presentation, focusing on how to help clients make the mental transition to changing their lifestyle. Kimberle Carter will end the day showing you practical tips on exercises suited for clients with diabetes, regardless of mobility level.
- Use respectful language related to body size
- Describe non-scale victories for people optimizing metabolic health
- Explain the mechanisms and potential side effects of weight loss medications
- Recognize the importance of assisting clients to identify their “whys” for wellness on a consistent basis.
- Teach tools to assist clients in changing their thinking regarding their health and wellness.
- Teach clients how to set SMART goals and integrate them into their unique lifestyles.
- Assist clients to manage their emotions and leverage stress towards positive personal growth.
- Assist clients to focus on what they can control in their lives.
- Teach the importance/benefits of exercise in managing diabetes
- Explore the challenges/barriers to exercise in patients with diabetes (socioeconomic, cultural, etc…)
- Explain the specific exercises and workout styles that are best for clients with diabetes (w/low mobility or at a beginner’s fitness level) and what exercises to avoid, and why.
Registration closes Sept 2, 2022
Once registration received it will be reviewed for approval. If approved you will receive a meeting link. If there is follow-up needed you will be contracted to resolve any issues. A meeting link will not be sent until these issues are resolved. Please allow a week for this process to occur.
Please check your spam or junk folder if your registration is approved and you have not received your meeting link. Meeting links will be resent the day before the training.
Registration required to receive CEUs
Do not share your registration link. This link is unique to you.