Part 3 of our Diabetes Across the Ages series. We will explore nutritional and physical activity needs as well best practices around care and follow-up in women with GDM. Our presenters will be Suzy Carlin, RN, CDCES and Sonya M. Paiz, MS, RDN, LD, CDCES from UNMH and Geetha Rao, MS, RD, CDCES, CDTC, CPT, CLE from Sweet Success Express.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- List 2 strategies for improving post-partum follow up care for women after delivery.
- Discuss 2 barriers that may affect positive pregnancy outcomes in women with gestational diabetes.
- Identify the components of preconception counseling visits for women of childbearing age.
- List the nutrition goals for pregnancy complicated with diabetes
- Describe carbohydrate distribution and modifications in meal plan based on blood glucose control
- Review appropriate weight gain goal during pregnancy
- Identify benefits and contraindications of exercise during pregnancy