When: June 4, 2021, 8:30 -11:30 am
Where: Zoom Meeting
For a full Agenda Click Here
2 CEUs applied for (CME, RD, CHES, CHW)
Cost: Free for members or $20 for non-members
This is part two of our Diabetes Across the Ages Series. Join us to explore nutrition specific to teens and adults with Diabetes. Our speakers will be looking specifically at how to make eating applicable and adaptable to the needs of the population.
Kirsten Bennet PhD, RDN, LD will explore real world eating and practical guidelines for youth with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and Laura McCann MS, RD, LD will review nutritional needs for adults with Type 2 Diabetes. Upon completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Identify unique nutrition needs of youth/adolescents to be considered when managing diabetes
- Outline factors that impact eating behaviors of youth/adolescents
- Explore ways to support healthy food choices and positive eating behaviors for youth/adolescents managing diabetes
- Identify evidence-based eating patterns effective for weight management in people with diabetes
- Discuss benefits of Mediterranean, DASH, Low Carb and Plant-Based eating patterns with patients
- Gather practical dietary counseling tips to share with people with diabetes
CLICK HERE to Register
Registration closes May 28,2021
Once registration is received it will be reviewed for approval. If approved you will receive a meeting link. If there is follow up needed you will be contacted to resolve any issues and will not receive a meeting link until these issues are resolved. Please allow a week for this process to occur.
Please check your spam or junk folder if your registration is approved and you have not received your meeting link. Meeting links will be resent the day before the training.
Registration required to receive CEUs.
Do not share your registration link. This link is unique to you.